Saturday, April 23, 2016

New Review! Lost in Flight by Neeny Boucher, 4.5 Cranky Stars



Christina Martin returns to her hated hometown with her family under the worst of circumstances where she runs into the love of her life aka ex-husband Nicholas Riley.

Riley toys with Christina, but she also brings out all his mixed emotions, same as her. Some regret, anger, jealous, and the list goes on for these two. 

All it takes is one fateful night, where these two collide, opening a door both thought slammed shut and locked forever.
From the past to the present, Christina and Riley show that true love doesn’t always run smoothly, it might not conquer all and most importantly, love is complicated.

Lost in Flight is a debut novel by Neeny Boucher.  The main thing holding me back from giving it a 5 star review was the flow of the story in several parts was missing.  I’d have to stop and question what just happened or go back and read a part over to figure out the transition or gaps.  It took me awhile to fully get into the story and the writing style but once I did I found it very difficult to put down.  

The Author however, did a wonderful job with the love story of Dina and Riley and gave a full understanding of their history and why they were with each other.  At times, things going on in their lives reminded me of situations from my family and me. It is very rare that a book can have me relating to it when it comes to my family that really aren’t a part of my life. 

 Dina and Riley had obstacles and issues that they needed to work on and instead of trying to fix things, they hurt each other and those around them.  Tragedy strikes and years later they are back in the same town where things explode.
 
I am looking forward to reading the next book and finding out what is going to become of Dina and Riley as they do have that once in a lifetime love.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home