Sunday, May 29, 2016

New Review! Star Dust by Ali Winters, 3.5 Cranky Stars

Star Dust (Force of Gravity, #1)Star Dust by Ali Winters
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



*** 3.5 Cranky Stars ***

I am in two minds about this book. On the one hand, the book delivers an excellent story line. The strong female lead, Orianna, heir apparent to the planet of Soleil, with two handsome powerful men interested in her, Prince Lucien of Earth and Prince Caelan of Jupiter. She is attracted to one and betrothed to the other.



It is an interesting adventure/mission to quell an intergalactic coup. One man accompanies her on the adventure, while the other stays to take care of his battered planet.



Introductions to fantastical planets, interesting practices and the love triangle all promise an interesting read.



On the other hand, I found that the book rambled in places and detracted from the story line. I found the typos another distraction, as well as incoherent scenes or sentences.



Some of the descriptions of the planets and the palaces were superficial in as much as I did not really get a complete picture of any planet.



I concede that building a whole new world is a daunting task and maybe too much was attempted in the first novel of the series by introducing 6 planets and trying to acclimate the reader to all of them. Maybe it could have been split up.



In saying that, I feel this is still a book worth reading and look forward to the rest of the series.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home