Thursday, June 23, 2016

New Review! Rock the City by Gia Riley, 4.5 Cranky Stars

Rock the City: A Midnight Fate NovelRock the City: A Midnight Fate Novel by Gia Riley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars




**** 4.5 Cranky Stars ****

Rock the City is the second book in A Midnight Fate series. This is the first book I've read by this author and was told it could be read as a standalone. I felt that I was missing some key points by not reading book one. I do plan on reading the first book, Rock the Boat, to hopefully answer some of those lingering questions.

This book is the focus of Lane Lewis, the drummer for Midnight Fate. He met Noelle Nash just before the band was to go on tour six months prior to where this story takes place. This was one of the times I felt slightly lost, like I was missing out on a part of the their relationship. They are already together as a couple and are finally back together after being apart for the six months while the band was on tour. Sure they talked and video chatted daily while Lane was on the road. This was occasionally discussed showing how it helped build their relationship.

They each have skeletons in their closet that they don’t share with each other even during these many nights of talking. As we all know, they have a way of resurfacing and have to be handled.

The story was told in alternate points of view and I liked how the author didn’t switch it up every other chapter. She also did do a great job in incorporating the past with the present as we were on the roller coaster ride of events taking place. There were times I was so frustrated at some of the things Lane or Noelle did or didn’t do I had to walk away as to not throw my kindle. There were some great twists and suspense as well in the story. I am left with some lingering questions about some of the events. I felt like the author did forget to address them again later in the book which is why I’m not able to give this the 5 star rating it could easily be if revised.

I look forward to reading the rest of the series and more from this author as I did enjoy her writing style.

Amazon US ☆ http://amzn.to/28Xw82L
Amazon UK ☆ http://amzn.to/28PPKbf
Amazon CA ☆ http://amzn.to/28NCXS4
Amazon AU ☆ http://amzn.to/28PPW9B

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home