Tuesday, January 10, 2017

New Review! Broken by Kimberley Hatch 3.5 Cranky Stars

BrokenBroken by Kimberley Hatch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Cranky Stars



I truly adored this book. The message was a good one and I think with some more editing it could be so much more.



Chelsea was the only one who hasn't given up on Lucas. She bails him out of so many situations I'm surprised she has time for a life. She teaches ballet to small kids and goes to college. She wants to help families of addicts. Addicts who are like her brother.



Lucas is a drug addict through and through. What started out with one drug snowballed into every drug known to man till he settled on heroin. He's been in and out of rehab so many times but nothing sticks. While being his only supporter Chelsea meets a charming man. He becomes so much more to her. Jude holds her hands and brings her to rescue her brother all the while saving Chelsea in little ways



Books about addiction are hard. They may trigger memories people try to avoid. At times it was hard to read because some things hit home for me. This book truly touched my heart and I waffled with this rating.



The timeline was hard to follow and I wasn't sure how much time passed between each chapter so it was a little off there. Also this book has some spelling errors thoughout and yet at its core this book is beautiful so don't let my rating sway you from reading this gem.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home