Thursday, January 26, 2017

New Review! Shadows of the Forest by Emma Michaels, 3.5 Cranky Stars

Shadows of the ForestShadows of the Forest by Emma Michaels
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



*** 3.5 Cranky Stars ***

After tragedy upon tragedy, Lily wakes up in a mysterious hospital and is informed she's been involved in a terrible accident. Her twin brother, Cole, is in precarious health. Lily discovers he made a pact to save her and there begins her quest to return the favour.



The cover of this book is glorious. I enjoyed Michaels' writing style and her ability to tap into the vulnerability of a character as well as darkness. At the heart of this story is the love the twins have for one another and what they'd do to ensure the other would survive.



Part fable, but also, drawing on inspiration from older myths and legends, Lily's quest sees her encounter many figures from different cultures, including the mysterious Arro.



This is a clean read and I would recommend it for readers much younger than I am. I'd have no problem passing this book to pre and young teens to read.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home