Wednesday, April 19, 2017

New Review! Delicate Lies by Josephine Brierley, 5 Cranky Stars

Delicate LiesDelicate Lies by Josephine Brierley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

Dylan's life is total chaos. He's hardly had any good lasting memories of his childhood. It's a childhood filled with abuse and neglect and feelings of hopelessness. It's these thoughts and actions that follow him into his adult life. Now he's singing in a bar and drowning his thoughts in every vice known to man even women. Yet one girl captures his attention and this starts the pretend to be my girlfriend for three weeks scenario. What could go wrong?



Zoe is starting a new life in Stonewater. She fled a cheating boyfriend to start over with her cousin Kenzie. Working at a bar isn't what Zoe wanted to do with her life but she's the kind of girl that makes the most out of everything, She's a helper and a fixer it's in her nature. She's always had her eye on Dylan but knew he would be untouchable. They share friends and are always in each others orbit.



This book was a gem. It hurt my heart so bad at times I was like how will I go on? Dylan's childhood broke me in so many ways. How he didn't drown further in self doubt and self hatred was beyond me. Readers need to go into this book with an open mind because this isn't an easy read. Seeing Dylan crash and Zoe trying to save them is love beyond the stars.



While there was some minor spelling and of course the slang that is different that the US I adored this book. I hope readers take something away from this story.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home