Thursday, May 18, 2017

New Review! Dark Stranger by I.T. Lucas, 3 Cranky Stars


Dark Stranger the Dream (The Children of the Gods, #1)Dark Stranger the Dream by I.T. Lucas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Syssi, a research student with the ability of precognition, works for the beautiful and talented Dr. Amanda Dokani at a neuroscience laboratory. Plagued by a recurring nightmare that feels more like premonition than a dream, Syssi finds herself dragged into a world she didn't know existed and in the midst of a millennia-old war between immortals. One who wants to foster enlightenment in humanity and the other who wants to keep it in the dark ages.



Kian is the leader of the American-based contingent of immortals When his sister, Amanda, tries her hand at matchmaking, Kian and Syssi cross paths. Syssi might be the key to the immortals' survival - that is if she survives.



I picked this book up on a whim and for the most part, enjoyed it. It seems to be a hybrid: PNR, fantasy, a bit of sci-fi, and romance. The premise is interesting. I enjoyed the backstory and world building in it, but it seems to be more about setting up for a series than focussing on key aspects for this book.



For example, there were a lot of point of views - some I thought were redundant and didn't really add anything to the storyline. One chapter was out of order and there was also a lot of repetition from character descriptions to points that had been well-established. I think the work would've been tighter with the dual points of view of Kian and Syssi and resolved their parts in the series. In essence, I think the book tried to do too much and focus on everybody, which seemed to lose the tension that was building.



This has the potential to be a good series and I look forward to following on.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home