Thursday, September 21, 2017

New Review! How I Magically Messed up My Life in Four Freakin Days by Megan O'Russell 4 Cranky Stars

How I Magically Messed Up My Life in Four Freakin' DaysHow I Magically Messed Up My Life in Four Freakin' Days by Megan O'Russell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


First let's start off with how long this title is. It's a mouthful. I wasn't sure what to expect when I opened this book but I was pleasantly surprised. Despite my age I've always loved YA and the sweetness behind it.


Bryant was a awkward 17 year old guy with his head in the clouds. He daydreamed so much that he was constantly being pulled out of traffic by little old ladies. He is always with his ever present best friend the enigmatic Devon. Bryant is trying to make it one day at a time while admiring his high school crush and staying up to date with the latest video games. Typical teenage boy things yet Bryants life is about to become anything but normal when they find a cell phone left behind in a taxi.


Bryant finds the owner of this cell phone and suddenly his life is in an uproar. Sides are choosen and maybe just maybe he might discover a side he never knew existed all the while winning the girl.


I did enjoy this book but I wasn't sure at first what to make of it. I read YA often but I still wasn't sure my feelings till about the middle of this book and I wanted to see the greater good win. I thought at times I had this book figured out but boy was I wrong. I loved the supporting characters of Devon and Elizabeth and who could forget the oracle slash Mama Odie character of Lola!! She was pure magic.


Eric at one point started to grow on me but I remained leary of him till the end. This book would be good for a teenager or young adult looking for a fun magical journey in the heart of New York City. I'm curious to see how this series will play out.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home