Thursday, September 7, 2017

New Review! Inked Souls by Lucia Grace 4 Cranky Stars

Inked Souls (The Shaw Effect Duet, #1)Inked Souls by Lucia Grace
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


This book had me at tattooed hottie but gave me so much more than that. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this book played out and was left wanting more at the end.


Kennedy James is a girl on the run from the train wreck that is her life. Having a very rough childhood in the system she seeks love and affection in the wrong guys who treat her like garbage. It's no wonder she has her heart on lock down. Fleeing to a town call Sunvale she stumbles into a bar in hopes they are looking for help and little does she know this group of people will become the family she's always wanted.


Rhett Shaw is a womanizer plain and simple. He never forms connections since a tragedy that struck in his teenage years. Just him and his sister Saylor he makes a name for himself. Both good and bad. Running a successful tattoo business he has all he needs in life. Until he locks eyes on Kennedy and realizes she is the challenge he always needed.


I did like this book but I could have done without the constant calling her angel. I know it's his pet name for her and that's fine but that's just my little quirk. Also how there was always comments on her beauty. Like we know she's drop dead beautiful I think at some point it took over the story.


The story seemed to develop at a rapid pace but when you are in love you just jump in feet first. I adored all the background characters and hope the next book is Saylor and Nash. Now those two have some smoking chemistry.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home