Thursday, November 16, 2017

New Review! Fire's Love by Alex E. Carey

Fire's LoveFire's Love by Alex E. Carey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Cranky Stars


Kira is basially an orphan. Her brother and her mother are both killed in a tragic accident leaving her virtually alone. Her dad bailed because the memories were too real. She in turns goes to live with her best friend and her mom. Her best friend suddenly without warning makes a big change. Feeling she has nothing left for her she heads out of state to college. Yes Kira is a 16 year old college student.


While off at college she is paired with a malicious roommate who started out with good intentions. She meets Lowell and finds a best friend in him yet he’s harboring a dark secret. She meets his friends and falls for the deadly and wildly anti social Pyre.


Ok so here comes the hard part for me. At times I felt this book was disjointed and the transition from topic to topic was off. One minute we are talking about birds and suddenly we are at the mall. It was hard to follow at times. It was drilled into my head numerous times that she was a fiery spirit and sucked at math.


I liked the book for its concept. It had good potential but I just felt all over. They acted like my small kids ninety percent of the time which we all know men are immature but jeez this was a bit much. I hope book two improves and we see some growth in these characters. Honest question though how does Kira and the gang afford college and their lifestyle and how does a 16 year old girl rent an apartment?


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home