Friday, December 1, 2017

New Review! Reapers Rhythm by Clare Davidson 5 Cranky Stars

Reaper's Rhythm (Hidden: Book 1)Reaper's Rhythm by Clare Davidson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky stars


This book is a an original story with a suspenseful story line. The way it's written, the reader is sucked into the story in such a way as if they were living it with the characters. When the characters mourn, the reader mourns with them. When the characters speak, their words resonate off the page. The story goes through the motions of real life while adding in aspects of magic with magical characters. It's hard to put anything about the story line in this review without giving something away.


The characters are well written and the details keep your interest throughout the whole story. The story kept me turning the pages and the ending left me wanting more. This story is what happens when you combine teenage angst with magic and mystery. The realization that magic is real is where the story takes one of the many unexpected turns.


I honestly couldn't figure anything out and it left me wonderfully guessing. Everything we learn and feel is as the main character Kim experiences it which makes it even more suspenseful. I'm totally happy with the fact that there wasn't a lot of romance in this YA novel because it wasn't missing anything without it. I can't say enough how much I enjoyed it, and I can't wait for book 2.

View all my reviews

1 Comments:

At December 1, 2017 at 9:09 AM , Blogger ClareMDavidson said...

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home