Thursday, January 4, 2018

New Review! Let the Dead Lie by W.L. Brooks 4 Cranky Reviews

Let the Dead Lie (McKay, #1)Let the Dead Lie by W.L. Brooks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Emmit McKay is the dad to four adopted daughters, he is raising them solo since his wife Grace died. Strange things keep happening to Emmit, and he has no idea who is behind the deception. When Savannah Walker enters his life along with the lives of his daughters, things will never be the same again. She basically turns his life upside down in a good way.


This book has it all drama, secrets, murder, suspense. The title fits so nicely with this story. Trust me on this. You keep hearing it, but when you get to the ending you will understand it. Everything that keeps happening to Emmit, his daughters, and Savannah comes together and fits so perfectly.


What brought the rating down for me was how long it took to get into the story. At first it dragged on but once you get past the first couple of chapters, you will be hooked. I loved the dynamic between the father and daughters. The dynamic between the sisters was amazing. I need to know what was said in the note. I have to know. This is going to haunt me until the day I die. I know I’m being overly dramatic, but I HAVE TO KNOW. TELL ME.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home