Tuesday, March 13, 2018

New Review! Kiss Me Like You Mean It by J.R. Rouge 5 Cranky Stars

Kiss Me Like You Mean ItKiss Me Like You Mean It by J.R. Rogue
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


This book is messy and it’s not happy and it will pull your soul apart and then stitch it back. Maybe not in the pieces it was before but it will give you some vague sense of hope. I saw my young self in Gwen. Messy when it came to love and terrible when it came to seeing myself as a decent person. A person who deserved all the mess I got and all the heartache I had coming to me. I hope J.R. Rouge knows that this book was like therapy for me yet this isn’t my story to tell it’s Gwens.


Gwen is a mess. Her heads a mess, her heart is a mess and her life is a mess. She seeks love in the wrong ones some repeatedly some for a night. She suffered a tragic betrayal and horrible abuse that is now reflected in her adult life. This is her story her recounting of her life from Avery to Connor to Logan and back again. You see her and Connor come to terms with who they truly are. She will always be a rebel who wants to be free but deep down she needs to feel wanted. We even get snippets of Connor and his spiral down and why he will always love Gwen no matter how much she tries to hurt him and push him away.


I don’t think my words can do this book justice it is something you must experience firsthand. J.R. Rouge bled her soul onto these pages of that I’m almost certain. Its real life peppered in with some fiction. I at times had to step back from the book because it was hitting too close to home. While no I was never abused I am the daughter of an addict so I guess in a way that is abuse.


I just want people to go into this book with an open mind embrace this story and if you see even a small part of yourself reflected in this story please keep hope alive. Embrace this book everyone you will hopefully thank me.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home