Tuesday, March 6, 2018

New Review! Limelight by Alyson Santos 5 Cranky Stars

Limelight (NSB, #4)Limelight by Alyson Santos
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


One day. That’s all it took for me to fall into the world of Jesse and not want to come out. I cheered for him and I cried for him. I cried so darn hard I think Alyson owes me a new pillow. Mine will never be the same.


Jesse is gifted and dealing with some serious demons. Demons that have a hold of him and make the mighty fall. He relives his past almost nightly making him reach for any substance to just get a moment of silence. Limelight is struggling to claw their way to the top ever since Jesses epic crash and burn and Mila Taylor is partly to blame with her scathing article. Jesse must wade through the muck of his life and boy does he go down some dark dark places to find the light. He didn’t expect the least likely person being is savior is the one that caused his demise in the first place.


Mila Taylor has critiqued and crashed many celebrity careers with her blog. The take no prisoner approach has kept her going for a while until Jesse. While yes, she torments him with her emails and tweets she finds herself drawn to this enigmatic disturbed broken man. Mila is no stranger to rock stars and the life they live seeing as how she’s the spawn of rock royalty. She reaches out to apologize to Jesse and the guys from Limelight but she doesn’t know that this will be the start of something amazing and beautiful but it won’t be without heartache.\


Basically, Alyson Santos ripped out my heart. I was so convinced that this book would be upsetting but not that upsetting. I mean I was sobbing into my pillow while my cats looked at me like please stop weirdo. She bled onto these pages and tackled the subject of substance abuse and loss like she has lived it herself. I felt so connected to the story. I was happy to see some of the previous guys from NSB and Tracing Holland but that’s not all she brought into this story. Guess you’ll have to read and see who. As usual she broke our heart only to mend it together even better than it was before. It’s not all sad because she gave us Derrick. He’s like a toddler on way too much sugar and mountain dew and I think we could all take a page from his approach to life. Please read this story. Read all of the NSB books. You will hopefully thank me.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home