Thursday, April 19, 2018

New Review! Harper and the One Night Stand (Scandalous #3) R. Linda 3.5 Cranky Stars

Harper And The One Night Stand (Scandalous, #3)Harper And The One Night Stand by R. Linda
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


This is a well written, cute contemporary romance. The main characters are Harper and Nate. The chemistry between them is strong. However, Harper is the ex girlfriend of Nates' cousin. He is also Nates' co-worker and roommate. Brody (Nates' cousin) still has feelings for Harper and is a really nice guy.


While the premise of this story is good and the writing is good as well, there are a few things that I, personally, did not like. The first is, this was not a one night stand. In any sense of the word. They knew each other before they fell into bed.


Second, they say they don't want to hurt Brody but they are so reckless and careless about it, that it's hard to believe. They did everything except for rub Harpers panties in his face, basically.


The third thing is very minor and not the authors fault. I did not realize that this book was part of a series. This is the third book I believe. While, you can read it as a standalone, there are a lot of inside jokes and details about the friends, that would have been clear had I read the other books. I felt like a lone person in a party of friends and I just didn't have a clue what they were talking about. I would definitely read the first two books before reading this one. I would recommend this author and I plan to read the other books in her series.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home